...and that's why I spent the last hour rereading all of my entries from the past year. 2012 was a long year. Things that happened in the spring feel like they happened over a year ago. Things have changed, of course, as usual...and really, since I've just had my 1,000th consecutive entry like a month ago, there's no need to get too sappy.
Here are some wonderful things that happened this year:
- I had loads of fun being a member of my school's SSA and hanging out with brilliant people
- I got a great job and have a ton of great coworkers
- I discovered some literally life-changing fandoms, like Game of Thrones/ASOIAF and Avatar: The Last Airbender
- I was very, very fortunate and was able to meet Alan Rickman, Neil Gaiman and Tim Gunn
- I became even better friends with Lexa, who I met through Blogger
- I read amazing books, saw fantastic films, and experienced so much art
- I got my first car
- I turned 20 - goodbye, awkward teenage years!
- I hit my 1,000th consecutive blog entry and had a lovely third year of daily blogging
In eight minutes, the last blog alarm of 2012 will sound on my phone, and another happy year of this will conclude. Despite my forgetting to blog one day, I am still so, so pleased with this blog. I've said it a million times but having this blog has changed my life so much more than I could have ever anticipated.
And thank you- whether you have only ever read just one entry or if you've read 100. Thank you to Lexa and Kady and Jon (and Anfo) for helping to shape this blog. I can't wait for 2013.